gitflow and perform hotfix operations is a great tool for managing branches in a Git repository. It provides a clear and concise way to create, merge, and delete branches. It also helps to keep track of which branch is which and when to perform hotfix operations. Hotfix operations are a bit more complicated than the other two types of operations, but they are still quite easy to perform with git-flow. To hotfix a problem, you first need to create a new branch off of the develop branch. This new branch will be used to fix the problem. Git-flow is a great tool for managing branches and performing hotfix operations. It is easy to use and provides a clear and concise way to keep track of your branches and when to perform hotfix operations.
What will you learn in Gitflow and Perform Hotfix Operations?
1. How to create Gitflow?
2. How to work with Gitflow – Work with a feature branch, develop branch, release branch?
3. How to create Hotfix?
Skills You Will Develop
Git flow, Work with Git Workflow, Apply hotfix
1. Create Gitflow
2. Work with the FEATURE branch
3. Move changes from the FEATURE branch to DEVELOP branch
4. PUSH changes from DEVELOP branch to GitHub
5. Create a RELEASE branch and work with it
6. PUSH changes from the RELEASE branch to GitHub
7. Merge the RELEASE branch to the MAIN and DEVELOP branch
8. Create a HOTFIX branch
9. Apply hotfix i.e., Merge hotfix to develop branch